Audio

From: Matthew Weinstein
Subject: Audio
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:56:09 -0700

Dear gnusteppers,
I'm in the process of refactoring quicktime parts of my qualitative analysis software so I can port the latest version to gnustep. I'm wondering what the best audio framework or class is out there for gnustep. I'm considering Etoile's mediakit, but I'm afraid that MKMediaPlayer will drop my file every time it plays, and I need something more persistent like an NSMovieView (which is what I use in OS X, but there I rely heavily on getting underneath to the quicktime substructure). Here's what I need: I need something (a class or framework)

that doesn't drop the audio file when done playing  (already noted),
 something that I can set the spot I'm listening to programmatically,
something I can get the current location of the file  programatically,
and something that will give me the length in some time unit of the audio file.

Ideally it should set the rate of playback as well, but that's just icing on top!

--Matthew Weinstein