Re: Tasks for GNUstep going forward...

From: Jesse Ross
Subject: Re: Tasks for GNUstep going forward...
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 08:44:48 -0600

Most forum software have "notification via email" feature. Which sends
an email to the subscribers of the topic whenever a new reply is
written. Subscribing to a topic is pretty easy. If you reply a topic
or open a topic yourself then you are automatically subscribed to that
thread/topic. And if you wanna subscribe manually it is as easy as
clicking a link.

But I don't know any forum software that allows sending messages via
email...

Would something like Jive Forums be out of the question?

http://www.jivesoftware.com/products/forums/
http://www.jivesoftware.com/products/forums/features/connection.jsp (Reply via Email is a couple features down)

It's not open source, but they do give free licenses to open source projects:

http://www.jivesoftware.com/dev/openSourceReg!input.jspa

Also, it is a pure Java application, and so would need to run on top of something like Tomcat... Do we have a Java server available to us?

J.