Re: Re[2]: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 02:10:11 +0100

On 24.11.2007, at 01:57, Gregory John Casamento wrote:
I suggest that we start thinking about constructive ways to update GNUstepWeb and even consider creating something akin to WOBuilder in GNUstep.

I don't think an WOBuilder is particulary important (though it would be very nice, especially if there was an Cocoa version). Its more important to integrate with existing builders, like DreamWeaver or GoLive (though even this is not that important). Ie before you have an HTML *editor* it would be nice to have an HTML *viewer*, ie a GNUstep browser!!! :-)

All current "popular" web frameworks do not work with graphical builders, there are all some kind of markup based language or even done in source code (Seaside or the Ruby XMLBuilder).

Greets,
  Helge
--
Helge Hess