Release Notes Typos?

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: Release Notes Typos?
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 22:58:34 +0100

Hi,

 just read the release notes and caught something that I think we'll
want to fix:

>> Uses new releases of the core libraries with a few patches to get
things working on MaOSX 8.X and on Cygwin. This release is binary
compaticly with the last release. <<

1) Never head of MaOSX. Is this "Mac OS X"? Or what is this? If it's OS
X, since when are they at 8.x? AFAIK earliest was 10.0, before that
there was no OS X. Or is this a Darwin version number? Then shouldn't it
read "Darwin"?

2) What does "compaticly" mean? http://dict.leo.org only knows
"compatibly", but that's an adverb, so doesn't make sense in this
context. I could imagine that "compatible" is intended here?

I'm confused. Can anyone clarify to me what is meant by this paragraph?

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
http://www.zathras.de