Re: List of GNUstep fixes

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: List of GNUstep fixes
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:20:17 +0100

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Höschler wrote:

>> Do you have prove that this is the actual
>> behaviour on MacOSX?
>
> Yes, this is definitely the behaviour you get on MacOSX and I bet also
> on OPENSTEP. It's what a developer would expect. If I set the formatter
> to be %d.%.m.%Y I am clearly stating that I am not interested in a
> possible time offset. If I want to use the returned objectValue of such
> a cell (e.g. for a qualifier) I expect that the time of the returned
> value is 00:00:00, otherwise I would have added %H:%M or whatever to the
> formatter.

what I need is a simple bit of code that tests this behaviour on Cocoa
and the result it produces. I think it could be as simple as creating
the cell, setting the formatter, assigning the object value and then
reporting the object value. If the reported object value is different
from the one used to set it (using NSLog on both of them), this is
enough proof.

Sorry, for being so pedantic, but the behaviour really looks strang to
me. Being a developer myself it is not what I would expect :-)

Fred