Re: Command Key on Windows/Solaris

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Command Key on Windows/Solaris
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:18:34 -0400

On May 11, 2005, at 12:48 PM, Andreas Höschler wrote:

Hi all,
How can we define which key on the keyboard should work as the Command key? We also try to get this figured out for a Sun Solaris machine. The Sun keyboards has no Apple and no Windows-Key but even another weird one between Alt and Space. We would like to use that as the Command key under Solaris.

Do you have a working "defaults" command installed with GNUstep on Windows? If so, first try the procedures at

 http://gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/Gui/KeyboardSetup.html

(also see the bottom of http://gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Back/General/ DefaultsSummary.html)

(These docs get installed on the system as well -- $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Documentation/index.html -- though I'm not sure if the Windows installer includes them.)

If that doesn't work, let us know..