Command Key on Windows/Solaris

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Command Key on Windows/Solaris
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 18:48:56 +0200

Hi all,

we just built a simple demo app on Windows. It works great except that the key equivalents (Command-s for Save, Command-u for revert,...) do not work. We have built the menu items as follows:

        - initWithTitle: action: keyEquivalent:

The code works on MacOSX but not on Windows. Is this a configuration issue? We are using an old PC-Keyboard without a windows key. We are trying Alt-s, Alt-u,... (without success).

How can we define which key on the keyboard should work as the Command key? We also try to get this figured out for a Sun Solaris machine. The Sun keyboards has no Apple and no Windows-Key but even another weird one between Alt and Space. We would like to use that as the Command key under Solaris.

Hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Regards,

  Andreas