Re: porting to mac os x

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: porting to mac os x
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:04:41 +0200

Hi,

not sure if the following question is appropriate for this list -- my
apologies if it isn't. I'm trying to port a simple GNUstep application to Mac OS X. The source compiles without a single warning or error message. So far so good. When I launch the application from within XCode, however, it aborts with the message "Unable to load nib file: MainMenu, exciting." I create my menus programmatically -- how do I tell it not to load any nib files? I also tried to use a different type of project -- the "foundation tool" project. I added the AppKit framework and everything compiled. Now
it complains about not being able to find Info.plist.

I would be ever so grateful for any help you may be able to offer.

We just create a dummy nib file with nothing in it except NSApp and add it to the project. It does not hurt when you build your project on GNUstep (just a dead resource) and it will make your appication work fine on MacOSX.

Regards,

 Andreas