Re: porting to mac os x

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: porting to mac os x
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:08:45 -0400

not sure if the following question is appropriate for this list -- my
apologies if it isn't. I'm trying to port a simple GNUstep application to Mac OS X. The source compiles without a single warning or error message. So far so good. When I launch the application from within XCode, however, it aborts with the message "Unable to load nib file: MainMenu, exciting." I create my menus programmatically -- how do I tell it not to load any nib files? I also tried to use a different type of project -- the "foundation tool" project. I added the AppKit framework and everything compiled. Now
it complains about not being able to find Info.plist.

Make it an "application" project. Then find and delete the nib from the project. Then edit the properties for the project (accessed by clicking one of either the project, the target, or the application on the left, I can't remember which, and possibly selecting the 'get info' menu item) to remove the nib from the plist. (It's called something like "Main Nib"). Sorry this is a bit fuzzy, I don't have access to my mac right now..