Re: a question about Camaelon

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: a question about Camaelon
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:11:50 +0100

M. Uli Kusterer wrote:
At 2:43 Uhr +0000 23.02.2005, Nicolas Roard wrote:

... we also miss a few more system colors; for example, "rowBackgroundColor" that we could use in NSTableView/NSOutlineView/NSBrowserView (instead of controlBackgroundColor).

 BTW, Cocoa already has:

+ (NSArray *)controlAlternatingRowBackgroundColors; // Standard colors for alternating colored rows in tables and lists (for instance, light blue/white; don't assume just two colors)

This is an array of (currently two) colors to use for rows in a list. You just go through them and once you hit the end go back to top. NSTableView and NSOutlineView require you to turn on use of those explicitly, though. And then Cocoa also has:

+ (NSColor *)alternateSelectedControlColor; // Similar to selectedControlColor; for use in lists and tables + (NSColor *)alternateSelectedControlTextColor; // Similar to selectedControlTextColor; see alternateSelectedControlColor

If you don't have those already, it'd be useful to maybe add those

Thank you for this hint. I did not notice that the recent releases of MacOSX had introduced these new methods. I have implemented them and provided some more or less usefull default valies.

Fred