Re: Windowmaker problems

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Windowmaker problems
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:45:48 +0000

> This seems to be related to the tiff library. When I upgraded to
> 3.7.1 I saw exactly the same thing as you. The strange thing is,
> though, that the same icon, when displayed by windowmaker has the
> black background and when displayed by GNUstep has plain transparency.
> Or am I just talking crazy here?

Ah, that would make sense - have you been able to downgrade the
system to see if it's actually the tiff library causing the problem ?
Because of the way the FreeBSD ports system works it;s rather hard for me
to roll back just one compionent - and I know if I roll the whole lot
back then it works!

So, a problem with the tiff library or a problem with WindowMaker ? I went
to windowmaker.org but there is no system for reporting problems there
as yet (comming 'August 2004' apparently :-) ). I would imagine if this
is actually a bug in the tiff libraries then it will be found and killed very
rapidly as so many people use it, so I am inclied to think its some small
problem with WindowMaker.

-bat.