Re: What backend should be the default now on -nix?

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: What backend should be the default now on -nix?
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:51:08 +0100

Le 26 oct. 04, à 22:10, MJ Ray a écrit :

Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:
I may be failing to operate these, though. Clear instructions on how
to get a UTF-8 system which has clear fonts and works remotely would
be appreciated greatly :-)
I believe there is some instructions on the wiki about nfonts

I'd rather not go through the pain of trying to configure backart's fonts.

er.. there is *nothing* to configure !
you just need to install the fonts, that's all.
Basically, you need to do that:
- get http://w1.423.telia.com/~u42308495/alex/backart/ArtResources -0.1.2.tar.bz2
- make install ...

Please read the wiki page...

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/nfont%20packages

Can back-xlib work remotely? I'm just upgrading to latest release and will
try it again.

? eh, that's in theory the interest of back-xlib -- it's supposed to work flawlessly on remote.
Personally I use backart on remote though :-)

--
Nicolas Roard
 -Arthur C. Clarke