Re: GSString problem

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GSString problem
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:09:10 +0100

On 5 Jul 2004, at 14:30, Andreas Hoeschler wrote:

Hello all,

after upgrading to a recent version of GNUstep my app throws the following exception.

NSCharacterConversionException REASON: Can't get cStringLength from Unicode string

I have looked into the code and found the location where it's raised. However, I am not sure how to proceed from here. I have not even found the declaration of GSString and its ivars. Where is this class declared?
declared in GSPrivate.h
defined in GSString.m

However ... the exception should (barring bugs in the base library) just be telling you that the unicode string you are trying to get the cStringLength of contains characters that can't be represented in a cString.