Books probably won't come to GNUstep

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: Books probably won't come to GNUstep
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 20:13:50 +0200

A while back I mentioned that I wanted to port Books to GNUstep. That was dependent on the developer offering a Jaguar port, but he no longer plans to offer that:

"While I promised to work on a Jaguar-compatible version of Books, I think I can say that it's not going to happen from me. I don't have the time nor environment to develop, test, and support a 10.2 version of Books properly. Panther has had time to settle down and work its kinks out, so I'd recommend upgrading anyways. And if 10.2 is a requirement, Books version 1.2.3 is still as available as it always has been."

He also talks about how it would be better to make a Linux version from QT or GTK than from GNUstep, and using .NET for a Windows version. I don't think he has any interest in his app running on GNUstep, and without his help porting probably wouldn't be feasible. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Christopher Culver