Re: Gorm Progress 2004-03-13

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Gorm Progress 2004-03-13
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:05:27 -0800 (PST)

--- Stefan Urbanek <stefan@agentfarms.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Great to hear that all. I am using Gorm for all my GUIs.
>
> One question...
>
> On 2004-03-13 14:51:41 +0100 Gregory John Casamento
> <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Much to report...
> >
> > Things on the horizon for the next release:
> >
> > 1) Better class parser! (YACC based)
>
> Can this be shared? It can be a good start for a ObjectiveC parser framework.

Absolutely...  I am planning on making it a framework/library.  I was going to
make it an internal one for Gorm, but given that it seems like it might be
useful elsewhere, it's probably best to do it as standalone lib that Gorm and
other apps will link with.

> http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FrameworkWishList
>
> There is at least one more project using ObjectiveC parsing: CodeEditor. It
> can be also shared by ProjectCenter (allowing fast method navigation, for
> example).
>
> What do you say?

Sounds like a good idea!!   I am planning on reusing the objc-parse.y parser
from within gcc.  This will facilitate quick development as this parser is the
canonical one used in the objc compiler.

> Stefan Urbanek
> --

Later, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.