Re: "dockable" windows

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: "dockable" windows
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:14:51 +0100

In article <mailman.143.1077270258.340.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

> Uli Kusterer wrote:
> >>I actually tried this out on GNUstep, and it *almost* works as is,
> >>except for an unimplemented selector 'isHidden' (for NSView?)
> >
> > Ah, yes. That is a MacOS X 10.3 extension. Should have thought of that.
>
> To save you the time of making GNUstep specific adjustments, I am
> thinking about adding basic implementations for this new Apple methods
> on NSView to GNUstep. I hope to find some time for this today.

Fred,

 great to hear. I never really understood why they didn't add a feature
like that right from the start and instead forced us to manually remove
items from the view hierarchy and later put them back in.

 Still, I'll have to add a check for that particular feature anyway.
After all, the user could be running an older GNUstep version, or a
MacOS less than 10.3.

Cheers,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de