Re: GNUstep & FOSDEM 2004

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUstep & FOSDEM 2004
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 04:38:02 +0100

On 05.01.2004, at 09:44, MJ Ray wrote:
Helge Hess <helge.hess@opengroupware.org> wrote:
Maybe it would make sense to have a joint GNUstep+OpenGroupware.org
room to draw more attention to both? Would GNUstep people be interested
in that or is it preferred to have separate rooms?
Does "OGo" use GNUstep?

Various parts, yes. In addition Nicola is working on porting OGo to gstep-base.

I think OGo, also being a Foundation/Objective-C environment, shares a lot of common "developer idioms". But anyway, if there is no interest from GNUstep, OGo as a project can organize its own facilities - just thought it might make sense.

I see they list GNUstep as a "related project" but
I didn't find them saying that they use it. At the moment, I'm interested
in GNUstep, but not OGo.

Maybe you could take that as a chance to learn more about OGo ;-) In addition to having a way larger user community than GNUstep, it also has quite a significant Objective-C class library that should be interesting to GNUstep developers.

I hope to be at FOSDEM, but I am unorganised still.

Greets,
  Helge
--
I'm describing in a paragraph what took 14 hours to figure out. You may want to sniff glue for a while, then reread this when you get out of rehab. [aLa]