Re: RFC: Appreciation of .gmodel format (was deprecation)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: RFC: Appreciation of .gmodel format (was deprecation)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 15:53:28 +0000 (GMT)

> > 1) .gmodel files do not provide an exact translation, since there is
> > information in the .nib files which isn't accessible to us using just the
> > AppKit classes (there are some private NeXT/Apple objects/data-structures
> > which are encoded in .nibs which nib2gmodel doesn't know about).
>
> I'm adding the missing tags using a script and a little tool. So I am able to
>
> fully automatically convert my nib-files to gmodel-files. This being about
> 200.
>
> gmodel-files still have advantages and that gives them a right to live.

I think it was good that Gregory asked about it, and it's clear from the
answers that there are people actively using .gmodels, so we should keep
support for them.

=

As for your project, you could consider upgrading to Renaissance ... it
sounds a bit difficult with so many nib/gmodel files, but when I started
Renaissance it was also in view of your (past) pain with gmodels, and I
was squeezing my head on how to provide you with something better.  ;-)