GCC Framework support in Linux

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: GCC Framework support in Linux
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 23:01:03 +0200

Hi list,

As I am not member of this list, so let me introduce a bit. I am a developer
creating frameworks and applications for the GNUstep project (www.gnustep.org).

A friend of mine has pointed me to this message:

I think that disabling framework support for linux or any other non-osx OS is
not a good idea. Who wants them? The project GNUstep is free implementation
variant of OpenStep - predcessor of OSX. GNUstep has frameworks and they are
almost the same as OSX frameworks. At this time, GNUstep is using hacks like
symlinks to shared libraries and headers to be able to support frameworks.

Because GNUstep is cross-platform environment, i would suggest not to restrict
framework support only for OSX. I am crossposting this to discuss-gnustep and
therefore I would like to open it to a discussion to find some way.

Sincerely,

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://urbanek.host.sk

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi