Re: Problems with newest ProjectCenter

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problems with newest ProjectCenter
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 07:59:10 +0100

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 06:46 PM, Dirk Olmes wrote:

On Freitag, Juli 25, 2003, at 05:59 Uhr, Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

Hi,

gdnc works now from CVS on FreeBSD 4.8
But ProjectCenter has problem.
Open ProjectCenter and select menu "Project->New" or "Project->Open",
I get "Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason:
GSFFCallInvocation.m: 864 Assertion failed in GSInvocationCallback.
No signature for selector projectNew:" or
"No signature for selector projectOpen:"
Gorm works fine.
They are both from CVS.

Great to hear that - err, actually not. I've stumbled over this one some time ago now and mailed with Philippe privately, yet I couldn't find the source of the bug and Philippe couldn't reproduce it. So it's definitely not my machine alone ...

You need to implement methodSignatureForSelector in PCAppController.m like this ...

- (NSMethodSignature*) methodSignatureForSelector: (SEL)aSelector
{
NSMethodSignature *sig;

sig = [super methodSignatureForSelector: aSelector];
if (sig == nil)
{
sig = [menuController methodSignatureForSelector: aSelector];
}
return sig;
}

You also need the latest GNUstep base and gui code from CVS (by latest, I mean I just comitted some fixes).