Re: GWorkspace.app Feature Request-- Tabbed Shelf

From: Eric Christopherson
Subject: Re: GWorkspace.app Feature Request-- Tabbed Shelf
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:59:26 -0500

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 10:30:08PM +0200, Fred Kiefer wrote:
> But you might be wrongly informed here. There are different methods
> iconForType: which should just do what you describe and iconForFile:
> which may do whatever it wants, but should fallback to iconForType: if
> it doesn't have any better icon. Looking at it that way, returning a
> thumbnail looks like a valid way to go (of course only when an option to
> do so is set)

Maybe it's just me, but I think it would be handy if the thumbnail icon
actually consisted of a thumbnail of the file with a small version of the
file's *type* stamped on top of it (say in a corner), kinda like how dock
miniwindows look in OSX (i.e. they show a thumbnail of the window's contents
with an additional signifier to show what the application is).

--
Furrfu!         r a k k o  at  c h a r t e r  dot  n e t