Re: PATCH: fix position of drawAtPoint in attributed string

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: PATCH: fix position of drawAtPoint in attributed string
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:51:22 +0100

> Are you sure it is really the lower left corner of the bounding box and
> not the leftmost point of the baseline of the text?

Actually I think its the leftmost point of the baseline of the text - under
OSX if you draw a string at  0,0 it sits on the bottom edge of the view. Under
GNUstep it sits above it.

...but before the patch it sat *below* it, so its a lot closer!

I couldnt see any way of getting the drop to the baseline of the text,
but then I am not very familiar with this code. What I did was to take the
drop to the bottom of the bounding box (as you say) - this will the deal
with the problems of an attributes string containing mixed fonts.

Do all fonts have the same drop from the baseline to the bounding box ? Is
there any way to get this value ?

It would be nice if it was exactly right... suggestions ?

-bat.