Re: PATCH: fix position of drawAtPoint in attributed string

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: PATCH: fix position of drawAtPoint in attributed string
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 01:48:14 +0200

Pete French wrote:

> The following patch fixes the problem of the incorrect string position
> in a non-flipped view. behaviour is now the same as on OSX and OpenStep.

The documentation is a a bit ambiguous: it doesn't tell you in which
coordinate system it applies. The upper left corner in a flipped view is
arguably the lower left corner as seen on the screen. I haven't looked
closely at it, but if the new behavior matches OPENSTEP, it's probably
better to just stick to that (and document it in a clear way :).

I'll commit something similar to this tomorrow after fixing any
incorrect callers in -gui (or have you already looked at them?).

- Alexander Malmberg