Re: Fonts in .gorm files

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Fonts in .gorm files
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:08:46 -0700 (PDT)

Guys,

I must interject here.

The current CVS version of Gorm and GUI support using default fonts.  The user
can select if the system, user, menu or etc font should be used.  This will
unarchive to the appropriate font on any given system.

This functionality was added yesterday or the day before.   Renaissance is not
the only solution.

Later, GJC

--- Andreas Heppel <aheppel@web.de> wrote:
> On 2003-06-11 18:35:18 +0200 David Ayers <d.ayers@inode.at> wrote:
>
> > Andreas Heppel wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone have advice for me?
> >
> > Use Renaissance? ;-)
> Well, I am currently happy that I have mastered Gorm so far. Renaissance may
> be the next step on the ladder to GNUstep success :-)
>
> > No seriously, I don't consider myself a typical "Gorm" user, so please bear
>
> > with me.  But isn't there a analogous system font scheme as there is for
> > NSColor?  I.e. shouldn't Gorm use some "place holder" font for
> > systemFontOfSize: if the font isn't explicitly set?
> That's what I thought. But no. The files contain the systemFontOfSize used
> when creating the window layout. And as I've said before, I don't think it's
> really a Gorm issue, as the screen objects are simply dumped using the
> serializer. But maybe I am totally wrong somewhere.
>
> > I really don't know, but that still doesn't guarantee you, that things will
>
> > fit if the system fonts are extremly large (for a sight impaired user for
> > example).  This could be solved with Renaissance though :-)
> That's right. Looks like Renaissance was the only solution to this problem.
>
> Any other ideas someone?
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas
>
> --
> Andreas Heppel
>
> Mail: aheppel at web dot de
> Home: http://www.andreasheppel.de
>
> Check out Burn.app - the CD burning frontend for GNUstep
> http://gsburn.sourceforge.net

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
Petition to make Lighthouse Application Suite Free Software at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/laafs/petition.html
--- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---