Re: Fonts in .gorm files

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Fonts in .gorm files
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:20:03 -0400

From: Tobias <ibotty@web.de>
To: aheppel@web.de, GNUstep <discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:53:39 +0200

> back-art. Unfortunately, I do not have installed the same .nfont packages
> on all machines

this is why it may be wise to include some basic fonts (say one serif,
sans-serif and one monotype font).
basic fonts (those, that you do not want to distribute with your app) will
know for sure, that these are on every system.

 [snip]

 I reported it as bug weeks ago. (Bug #3775).
 Including basic fonts is good idea, but it can't solve all the problems
 when it comes to internationalization
 unless GNUstep offers a standard font list for each language.
 Otherwise, it will be a problem for each individual langues
 except the one the basic font supports.

 Yen-Ju

~ibotty