Re: ctool_OBJC_FILES

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: ctool_OBJC_FILES
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 00:35:56 +0100 (BST)

> > If you want to create standalone (ie, without -base) ObjC tools, objc.make
> > is your friend :-)  You can try
> >
> > include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
> >
> > OBJC_PROGRAM_NAME = Nicola
> > Nicola_OBJC_FILES = main.m
> >
> > include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/objc.make
> >
> > ctool.make is for C tools, so it makes somewhat sense that it does not
> > support OBJC files.
> >

> Yeah, I knew it was a hack (:. So what about libraries? Should clibrary.make
> be changed to not support OBJC_FILES as ctool.make? Then, should
> objclibrary.make be added as well in if this is the case?

Yes ... in theory that is what might/should be done.

Or maybe it would be much better having a flag (for both tools and
libraries) which would turn off compiling/linking against gnustep-base.

Need to think.

In practice, you are probably Ok for now with using clibrary.make - that
will not change anytime soon.  :-)

> I will be using this plain ObjC library for a proper GNUstep application
> (with -[NSValue
> valueWithNonRetainedObject:], as the library objects do not derive from
> NSObject nor are reference counted), as well as using it for a plain ObjC
> program.

Ok.