Re: Pantomime

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: Pantomime
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 08:26:30 -0500

On 2003-05-07 19:30:31 -0500 Catherine Luedecker <luedchic@attbi.com> wrote:

> I am using gnustep-make/base 1.5.1 and gnustep-gui/back 0.8.3.  I tried the
> 1.6.0 and the 0.8.5 versions of the above programs but nothing compiled.
> Maybe I should try it again.  My linux system is a Gentoo distro  I just cant
> figure out why one program compiles fine and the next does not?

I just checked a machine at work where I have Gentoo, did you install GNUstep
using emerge? did you install all 6 available emerge packages?  I haven't, but
the make package has a comment that says "unstable", perhaps there's something
wrong.

Does anyone have experience with Gentoo?

> I run the GNUstep.sh script everytime to set the environment variables. I
> will try your other suggestion as well.

Seems like you're doing everything right.

We'll have to check the details to find out what is going on.  If you do a
"printenv | grep GNU" does all the environment strings point to the correct
place?
--
René Berber