Re: Rejoyce! At last it seems to work...

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Rejoyce! At last it seems to work...
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 12:37:10 -0700

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 21:10:57 +0200
Riccardo Mottola <multix@ngi.it> wrote:
[...]
> I still start gdomap and gdnc everytime I need them, right after
> opening a console and safter sourcing GNUstep.sh. (Someone with
> solaris expereince can help me here in where and how to autostart
> them?)
[...]

Put a startup script in /etc/init.d, that

  a) sets the path to GNUstep
  b) sources in GNUstep.sh
  c) launches gdomap
  d) launches gdnc
  e) launches gnustep_sndd (if applicable)

Make sure, the script is chmod 744 and belongs to root:sys or root:other

Next, go to /etc/rc3.d/ and create a link to the file in /etc/init.d,
eg.

  # ln -s ../init.d/GNUstep ./S85GNUstep

Basically, the Sxy specifies at which point during startup the script
will be started. The higher the number, the later it will start.

--
Chris