Rejoyce! At last it seems to work...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Rejoyce! At last it seems to work...
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 21:10:57 +0200

Hello to all,

first the good news.
After tenacious recompiling of all libraries, after the Adam's suggestion
about libtiff (I renamed temporarily /usr/openwin/lib/libtiff.so and linked
it against the version in /usr/local/lib) recompiling and recunfiguring all
gnustep packages, I got thie first signs of GNUstep life on my sparcstation!

There are still some problems though, which I hope you can help me to solve.

I still start gdomap and gdnc everytime I need them, right after opening a
console and safter sourcing GNUstep.sh. (Someone with solaris expereince can
help me here in where and how to autostart them?)

Howewer, when I start an application I get the following alerts:

Critical Error in XXX
NSPortTimeoutException: Invalidated while awaiting reply.

I choose Ignore.

Critical Error in XXX
NSPortTimeoutException: root proxy request.

I chose ignore.

Thereafter many examples just seem to work fine, until, at close i get
errors again.

The other strange thing is that on start it says: I couldn't contact the
notification server, so I'm attempting to launch one. But I started it
already!

For the rest, I experimented with GStest, with Calculator and with
Imageviewer. Except for the said error, they all seem to work at the first
glance.

So thanks for all the kind help until now, now I need to compile some
"bigger" and more useful applications and the Development stuff.

-ric