Re: Window Maker crashing (was: Re: GPSText: maintenance.)

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Window Maker crashing (was: Re: GPSText: maintenance.)
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:45:51 -0700

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:10:54 -0700 (PDT)
Michael Hanni <michael@deviant-behavior.com> wrote:
[...]
> This happens to me frequently and I suspect it has something to do
> with the focus handling. What normally happens in my case is that I
> select another application's window -- which hides the gnustep app's
> menu -- and when I reselect the GNUstep app's window, *boom* Window
> Maker is no more. It seems easier to trip this when you have a submenu
> opened. I really should try to make a reproducible test-case. :-)

I haven't found a way to reproduce it, but I've noticed that it happens
more often while exiting an application, at least On My Box At Home_TM
which is curious, as the setup is identical to the box I'm using here.
Apart from that, WM takes X11 along with it about every two crashes out
of ten... :-P
According to the log WM dumps to the console (I start X11 via startx),
it's lost the signal (handler) to restart itself (see previous mail).

--
Chris