Re: GNUstep on OS X?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep on OS X?
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 20:23:32 -0700

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 11:22 AM, Rodolfo W. Zitellini wrote:

Hi to all!
Did someone have some success installing GNUstep on macos x? I have followed all the build instructions for darwin 6 and I was able to compile make base and gui, but not the x11 backend (I have installed apple's X server). It seems to have some problems finding shared libs and bundles don't seem to work (the backend compiled as bundle but didn't work (ie the bundle couldn't be found), and as shared lib it didn't even compile). Also I have problems selecting the right libraries (the compiler sometimes gets confused and uses the native libs). Any advice? I would be very nice to get it working on os x
since I don't have a linux box anymore...

Bundles don't work on darwin/MacOSX. It would be nice to get that working. You'll have to give more information on the other problems for me to understand what's happening.