Re: Application startup performance tuning...

From: Michael Hanni
Subject: Re: Application startup performance tuning...
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:53:13 -0800 (PST)

Wim,

Before I say anything else: thank you for giving pratical shape to my weird
ideas. :)

--- Willem Rein Oudshoorn <woudshoo@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I just looked at your patch.  I think I would have taken a different
> approach.

[snip]

> * You avoid an extra ivar
> * It will delay all (most) the sizing when the menu is not visible,
>   instead of only during startup.

Excellent points, and even better I don't have to figure out how to ignore
_menuWorkDelay later on.

I made your modifications and now a GWorkspace.app startup has only 11 calls to
sizeToFit. Now that is a fun improvement.

Lets make sure this one gets in...

Cheers,

Michael