Re: KHTML in GNUStep?

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: KHTML in GNUStep?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:52:18 +0100

Chris B. Vetter wrote:
Well, I've been thinking about writing a DOM parser in ObjC for a while;
that would include XML, HTML, ECMA and CSS, and eventually a rendering
'engine' as well. Nothing tangible yet, though...

We just released our "DOM implementation" in the contrib directory of ftp.gnustep.org. I'm not entirely happy with the current implementation, but it might be a good starting point. So instead of writing a DOM from scratch you could help improving that piece (eg the performance and compliance of the DOM tree implementation).

At least it can already build a DOM structure from various sources, eg HTML files, XML files, iCal files, plist files, ...

We also have a bridge to the SpiderMonkey JavaScript engine (your ECMA point) that can also access the existing DOM. Maybe we also release this package later.

Greetings
  Helge
Helge Hess                         Email:    helge.hess@skyrix.com
SKYRIX Software AG                 Tel:      +49-391-6623-0
Universitaetsplatz 12              Fax:      +49-391-6623-599
39104 Magdeburg, Germany           Internet: http://www.skyrix.com