Re: GNUStep for FreeBSD 5.0 DP2??

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: GNUStep for FreeBSD 5.0 DP2??
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 12:39:34 +0000

> Hm, just wanted to let you know that I'm on FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #9: Wed
> Dec 25 17:23:24 CET 2002 using gcc version 3.2.1 20020902 (prerelease)
> [FreeBSD] with no problems at all. The problems that you encounter must
> have something to do with your configuration. Do you have a
> /usr/local/share/config.site? Specially for GNUstep I use these
> definitions in /usr/local/share/config.site:

I dont have a /usr/local/share/config.site at all. I realise that since
so many other people seem to have it working (and I myself had gcc30
working for a long while) then its something odd about my config, *BUT* I
am not talking about just one machine here - I've got three or four
different BSD machines, both at home and at work - all exhibit the same
behaviour. I even did a completely clean install of 4.7 out of the box and
that did the same thing.

The machines are a variety of processors and manufacturers too.

I am now thinking its something to do with the set of packages I install
when I set up a machine possibly ? Or maybe the way in which I install
GNustep ? (which is pretty much doing a configure/make in each bit
of the core system though)

Or maybe I'm just jinxed :-)

-bat.