Re: Gorm too complex ?

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Gorm too complex ?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 15:25:22 +0000

> IHMO, I think before Gorm provide all we all need, and so could be usuable
> for all of us, gorm should provide an option to generate files in other than
> a .gorm file (I mean in a .m and .h).

What do you expect to go into these .m and .h files ? If you mean the
skeleton code that Interface Builder can produce then fair enough - but if
it's code to actually generate the winod layouts then I dont see the point
as the gorm files do this job anyway.

> In this manner, we could begin to program with and after program thinks that
> are not providen by hand...

...which gives you .m and .h files that then cant be loaded back into Gorm,
so you have to continue maintaing them by hand (thus rendering Gorm useless).

Also you *acn* do this now but writing a .m file that loads the gorm file
and then adds in the bits which are not rpovided - which is surely exactly
what you want ?

I like Gorm, its good code and its heading in the right direction. My biggest
wishlist for it would be that it could read and write .gmodel files as well
as .gorm files.

If you think Gorm is complex then you should see the horror tthat passes for
interface builder under OS X. I have taken several programs and converted
them to GNustep, and I have not yet got any of the running under OSX which
is supposed to be able to import such files directly.

-bat.