How to use Appkit with NSThread

From: Stéphane PERON
Subject: How to use Appkit with NSThread
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:12:51 -0500

Hi all,

I'm working on an application that will encod tracks from audio-cd.

I want to display a progress panel with progress indicators.
For that, I use a static method to update the progress indicators of this panel.

I use specific music libraries too that must be called in a thread. If not, the
application freeze.

When I call these libraries, I get some real time information that I want to
use to update the progress panel.

My problem today is that I can't call directly my static method (that work with
appkit) in an NSThread object ! (It compils but I have a core at execution)

So my question : How could I call in a thread this method that use the appkit ?
Should I rather use a thread in pure c ?

Thanks for help

--
Stéphane PERON