Re: [OT] Re: import

From: Jonathan B. Leffert
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: import
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:05:38 -0800

On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 01:47:02AM +0100, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

> On the other hand, I never had any problem using #import, working with
> projects up to ~500 classes  and 4 developers.  Who did?

Nor I.

> Aren't those problems just theorical?

Mostly, but there are some pathological real-world cases in which using
#import will fail.  The GCC developers, I believe, feel that GCC ought to
make sure it compiles everything properly rather than adding a feature that
makes the somewhat common case easy yet completely breaks certain legacy
pieces of software.  Can't say I disagree with them.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan B. Leffert <jonathan@leffert.net> | "So now, less than five
years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and