Re: "external" frameworks

From: Pedro Ivo Andrade Tavares
Subject: Re: "external" frameworks
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:15:51 -0200

At 16:14 21/12/2001, Chris B. Vetter wrote:
I hope that's not flame-bait ...

The other day, I came across source of some older (April 2000, IIRC)
frameworks used by Omni Group. Some of the make- and config-files
use GNUstep #ifdef's others don't ... According to the license files,
you cannot release any changes, only send patches back to Omni.

Has anyone ever tried to port those to GNUstep?
I don't know if Omni would give permission to do so and let us add
them to GNUstep, but those frameworks just might spark the interest
of other developers, especially those with OS-X background ...
(eg. OmniWeb is based on those)

I did, around that timeframe... I sent my patches to them, and it would seem some of my changes were integrated on their main sources... Search the list archives, and you'll find some comments I made at the time.

After my (admittedly naïve) port, Karl Kraft had another go at it, and he also sent them his patches.

The license is something I can live with. It's similar to qmail's, but not so restrictive.

Pedro Ivo