Re: Favored GNUstep Plattforms

From: Kim Shrier
Subject: Re: Favored GNUstep Plattforms
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:12:50 -0600

We use FreeBSD for GNUstep.  Since you are familiar with NeXT 3.2
which is based on BSD 4.3, you might find one of the BSD's easier
to deal with.  You will need to install the ports for ffcall, libxml2,
and libPropList before building GNUstep from source on FreeBSD.

We use PostgreSQL but you can also use MySQL.  When you build the
DB library, make sure you have installed the database of you choice
and then specify --with-mysql or --with-postgres95 on the configure
command for DB.

Kim