Re: ANN: GWorkspace.app User's Guide

From: Stefan Boehringer
Subject: Re: ANN: GWorkspace.app User's Guide
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 10:52:32 +0100

Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
> > [...]
> > last night I started work on a User's Guide for GWorkspace.app.
> > So far, I have completed the general introductory, installation and
> preferences chapters. > The guide is located at:
> `http://www.stupid-design.com/martin/GNUstep/GWorkspace.app/gworkspace.html >

[...]
> tasks.  Reading  a reference manual  and building their  own efficient
> sequences  of   actions  seems  too  complicated  or   too  much  time
> consuming [for most users]. A cookbook would be more indicated.
[...]

I tend to agree that at least in addition to a manual such a quick guide could be very useful. Once upon a time NeXT sent out one single sheet of GUI-tricks along with one of its updates. And yes, even after years of experience I could learn new things, like Alt-(Shift)-dragging the miniaturize button, Alt-Cmd double clicking the Workspace icon and others.
Best wishes,

	Stefan