Re: question about core/base/Old/LinkedList.m (prehistory)

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: question about core/base/Old/LinkedList.m (prehistory)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 20:54:19 +0000

On Saturday, November 10, 2001, at 08:41 PM, Matej Kosik wrote:

Hi,

Even though libgnustep* seem not to be using any of the classes
defined in `core/base/Old' directory, these files were not thrown away
from cvs so I think I can still ask the following thing:

Perhaps they should be ... I hate throwing anything away - but that
stuff is most definately 'unsupported'.

I don't understand why in `core/base/Old/LinkedList.m' I do not find
any method which releases the particular `LinkedListNode' objects
belonging to that list. (???)

should there be something like this?

- dealloc
{
        LinkedListNode* link;

        FOR_COLLECTION (self, link)
        {
                RELEASE(link);
        }
        END_FOR_COLLECTION (self);
}

Probably ... I know that old code has lots of bugs and memory leaks
are quite common.