NSThread.m: GSCurrentThread() doesn't create new instance

From: Michael Scheibler
Subject: NSThread.m: GSCurrentThread() doesn't create new instance
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:19:35 +0200

I am just trying to replace gnustep-base 0.6.5 with 1.0.0 and found out that
the implementation of GSCurrentThread() has been changed so that it doesn't
create a new NSThread instance if none exists for the current thread.
We are using GNUstep together with Java (not JIGS but our own bridge) and
therefore have different Java threads which makes it necessary that
GSCurrentThread() works safe.
Why has this been changed? Would it be possible to reimplement this
functionality?

Michael