Re: A killer app?

From: Mirko Viviani
Subject: Re: A killer app?
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:38:27 +0100

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Helge Hess  wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that if an OpenStep application (better: MacOSX
> application) would 'just-compile' as is, most OpenStep developer would
> port quickly. Right now it still would take significant time to do so
> (and probably expose loads of bugs) and I guess eg OmniGroup just don't
> have that time and a different focus anyway.

Actually porting foundation based applications/frameworks that does not
care about runtime/+load implementation is easy as writing a makefile.
(ported OmniBase, OmniNetworking, SenFoundation/OCUnit, eogenerator,
...)
I can't speak for gui apps, but the real problem is the nib file.

BTW: I've started GDLModeler.app but it isn't a killer app...

---
Bye,
     Mirko  <mirko.viviani@rccr.cremona.it>   (NeXTmail, MIME)
                    <mirko@yourbox.net>