RE: [Discuss-gnustep] RE: GNUstep Environment - the core

From: ian . mondragon
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnustep] RE: GNUstep Environment - the core
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:45:50 -0500

I've actually been working on an Objective-C cookbook that I would like to
get online when it has a more realistic load of examples.  It's mainly my
own 'usefull code' notebook from work & home, where I throw in common chunks
of code and slick ways of doing routine things with the foundation classes.
Ideally, I would like it to be something on par with/exceeding the
usefulness of books like 'The Perl Cookbook'...I say "exceed" because
Objective-C unquestionably needs a massive push into the public spotlight,
and fantastic resources like 'The Perl Cookbook' are hard to come by (not
that I use Perl anymore }-).  I really don't have anything in it covering
the AppKit <hint>, but I've been working on expanding the rest of it and
trying to fill in working examples for the smaller, more specific bits of
code.  If anyone is interrested in contributing to the project, please
contact me and CC: my home account
< copal@cifnet.com >

Ian Mondragon
Technology System Engineer