[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio ATSC Troubles

From: Daniel Copley
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio ATSC Troubles
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 19:37:26 +0000

Hey everyone,

    I am attempting to decode ATSC transmissions to no avail. The .ts file output, is unreadable to  VLC and FFMPEG (or the output file is completely empty). I am almost certain all DC is canceled out (I have used both the hardware DC offset and the DC Blocker gr block). My sample rates are correct, and the frequency plot looks as expected. I am 6 stories up with direct line of sight to the transmitters, and I am using a high gain log periodic antenna, so I am doubtful signal strength or noise is my issue. Attached are screenshots of my frequency plot and flowgraphs (some of the naming might be inconsistent in screenshots, I have been testing using multiple sdr platforms). I am running GNU Radio 3.7.12 on Ubuntu 18.04. If anyone has ideas or sees something that needs to be fixed, the help is much appreciated. Thank you.

- Dan