[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-radar (OFDM radar specifically)

From: Shane Petcavich
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-radar (OFDM radar specifically)
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 15:02:14 -0700

Hi,

I have a couple questions on the simulator_ofdm.grc flowgraph in the gr-radar package. I'm actually trying to implement this on 2 USRPs (via Matlab /UHD not GNURadio), but that is another story.

In the paper here:  https://publikationen.bibliothek.kit.edu/1000038892/2987095

eq 3.16 is built and then processed as discussed in eq 3.30 (FFT of each row, then IFFT of each column). However, this processing seems to differ from the processing in GNU Radio flowgraph. As attached. It looks like the FFT of each OFDM symbol (column) is taken (when it should be an FFT of a collection of M symbols) then the IFFT of each row (essentially backwards from the proposed algorithm in the paper). What am I missing here?

Also the RCS is huge in the default program (1e25) and seems to not detect much for typical rcs of a car ~ 200 m^2.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Shane