Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GFSK mod/demod does not work OK with wav file

From: Fernando
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GFSK mod/demod does not work OK with wav file
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 18:50:26 +0200

On 15/05/17 05:33, Cinaed Simson wrote:
On 05/14/2017 01:06 PM, Fernando wrote:
With 8 samples/symbol there was aU and CPU at 94% (I have three AMD cores> I
have reduced it to 2 s/s as suggested Cinaed, then aU dissapear and
CPU is at 70%, sound is a little better but still intermittent.
File is sampled at 44100 and with direct connection from wav file source
to audio sink (everything else disabled) it plays fine
Try turning on the throttle and see what happens.

it works!!!!!!
why????  Should not be limited by the sound card?

It report a warning:
>>> Warning: This flow graph contains a throttle block and another rate limiting block, e.g. a hardware source or sink. This is usually undesired. Consider removing the throttle block.

but it keeps the CPU under 40% and works fine.
Even with samples/symbol set to 8 it has go to 95% CPU but it has worked some seconds until it has begun to show aUaU.

regards