Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GFSK mod/demod does not work OK with wav file

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GFSK mod/demod does not work OK with wav file
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 12:57:28 -0700

On 05/15/2017 09:50 AM, Fernando wrote:
> On 15/05/17 05:33, Cinaed Simson wrote:
>> On 05/14/2017 01:06 PM, Fernando wrote:
>>> With 8 samples/symbol there was aU and CPU at 94% (I have three AMD
>>> cores> I have reduced it to 2 s/s as suggested Cinaed, then aU
>>> dissapear and
>>> CPU is at 70%, sound is a little better but still intermittent.
>>> File is sampled at 44100 and with direct connection from wav file source
>>> to audio sink (everything else disabled) it plays fine
>> Try turning on the throttle and see what happens.
>>

> it works!!!!!!
> why????  Should not be limited by the sound card?
>
> It report a warning:
> limiting block, e.g. a hardware source or sink. This is usually
> undesired. Consider removing the throttle block.
>
> but it keeps the CPU under 40% and works fine.
> Even with samples/symbol set to 8 it has go to 95% CPU but it has worked
> some seconds until it has begun to show aUaU.
>

> regards

Don't know. But you can't use a re-sampler because you don't know the
rate flowing into the audio card.

Try setting the sampling rate to 48 kHz, i.e. set the throttle rate to
48 kHz, and then under the properties for the audio sink, use the pull
down menu and set the audio card to 44.1 kHz. And leave the sps set to 8.

If that works, then try disabling the throttle and setting the sampling
rate of the audio card to 48 Khz - leaving the sps set to 8.

If it doesn't work try setting the sps to 2, no throttle and audio card
set to 48 KHz.

Use whatever works - but ideally without a throttle.

-- Cinaed