Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ImportError: No module named _osmosdr_swig

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ImportError: No module named _osmosdr_swig
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 08:19:59 -0400

Hi Fernando - I've seen this issue on some older Mac OS X installs (e.g., 10.7 or 10.8 from 2011/2012). I have yet to figure out what's going on, and it works for MacOS X 10.9 and newer 100% as far as I can tell so I'm not concentrating efforts on the older no-longer-supported OSs.

Your Opensuse is not very old (Nov 2016), so chances are it has something to do with your specific install. Oddly though, the error is identical to what I see. There is some more debugging you can do to verify the specifics of the error, which I can provide off-list as they require temporarily modifying in-place Python scripts.

Maybe reply to me off-list and I'll try to help you out; if we figure out what's going on we can post back to the list here. Please provide me with the output from a terminal of "env" as well as a list of what's installed by the system (via "dpkg" or "yum" or whatever package manager can list it; I don't know Opensuse). Also, if you have installed anything from source and if so what projects and where (maybe a list of files installed with full path).

Cheers! - MLD