[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing GR via pybombs on fresh load

From: Jason Matusiak
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing GR via pybombs on fresh load
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 08:52:59 -0500

Two different coworkers recently mentioned to me that on fresh Ubuntu machines, they were having trouble getting GR to install via pybombs. It was the case (which I've seen before) where it acts like it installed, but source setup_env.sh doesn't source the gnuradio-companion binary. If you run the binary directly, a window pops up complaining about Python paths.

The fix for both of them seemed to be wiping everything out and installing swig (one of them figured this out by installing with the -vv option and looking at the output). Then when they installed GR everything seemed to be happy.

So i just wanted to mention that you may need to add that to your requirements in your documentation.